Sunday, July 27, 2008

La Crémaillère 1900


Many eateries that ring the Place du Tertre are unabashed tourist traps. They are as about as authentic as the beret-wearing “artists” set up on the square, busy attacking tourists, begging to sketch their portraits.

A happy exception is La Crémaillère 1900, an authentic Belle-Epoque brasserie that retains most of its original look, including many Mucha-style art-nouveau paintings. You can choose from several atmospheric dining rooms, sit on a terrace facing the chestnut trees of Place du Tertre or opt for the courtyard garden with its Wallace fountain. A full menu of French classics is served throughout the day, from 9:00 am to 12:30 am. There is live piano music in the evenings, and a cabaret show is on offer. Demand has led to a series of additions, so that 370 guests can be accommodated in multiple dining rooms.

La Crémaillère 1900
15, place du Tertre
Montmartre


1 comment:

Benjamin Tardy said...

Hello dear Terry,

I'm French so please excuse my English level if it's low. I'm actually writing an article talking about the restaurant La Crémaillère for my blog, which is dealing with gastronomic criticism. But unfortunately, when I went to this restaurant, I forgot my cam and couldn't take any photos of the place.

Would you please allow me to use the first photo of your article ? As a fee, I would quote your blog in my article and make a link.

Looking for your answer, best wishes,

Benjamin Tardy
www.jemangedoncjecris.maison.com